ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|To carry out office duties to support and facilitate the effective operation of the Middle School Office.|
• Communicating information related to the Middle School to staff, students and parents in person and via phone, email and other correspondence when requested.
• Typing and carrying out instructions given by the supervisory principal and/or his/her designee:
o Correspondence as required
o Curriculum books and material
o Book and supply orders
o Student/teacher/parent handbooks
o Daily school bulletin
o Daily attendance
• Maintain, update, supervise and coordinate all school records. These will include:
o Student medical records.
o Main office student records.
o Student records held on each floor
o Coordinating with the Arabic secretary in ensuring the prompt supply of information and statistics to the Ministry.
o Faculty records.
• Ensuring all pre-requisites (documentation, etc.) are in place before students are tested.
• Maintaining and updating electronic and physical versions of student records, including report cards, demographic information, MYP Program requirements and admissions documents.
• Liaising with the School Nurse, Registrar, AdminPlus Coordinator, Bus Contractor and Ministry representative to ensure specific requirements in those areas are met.
• Recording student absences and tardiness and communicating with the school nurse regarding contagious diseases or recurring illnesses.
• Be alert to potential problems to students/teachers and to act or advise accordingly.
• Record student attendance and prepare reports as requested.
• Record teacher attendance and maintain the Daily Sign In/Sign Out procedure as directed by the Kuwait Ministry of Education.
• Assist in the organization and support of Middle School events such as parent/teacher conferences and field trips.
• Supporting emergency procedures
• Support staff in preparing for the new school year and assist in end-of-year checkout procedures.
• Manage Plus Portal¬3 emails and calendars for the Middle School.
• Assisting the Principal and/or his/her designee with the following:
o Preparing honor rolls, scheduling, filing, assigning lockers (upper grades), ordering school supplies for local purchase, preparing supervision schedule, parental contact as needed, making phone calls as requested, and preparing student/teacher/parent handbooks.
• Assigning teachers to substitute for absent teacher and to keep a running total of times substituted (upper grades)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of a High School Diploma for Kuwaitis
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree for Non-Kuwaitis
• Prior experience as a secretary
• Experience in school environment preferred
• Friendly and approachable
• Strong task manager
• Computer skills
• Bilingual (fluent written and spoken Arabic and English)
• Able to handle/manage conflict
• Calm demeanor