Application to AIS is only available online. The admission process begins on December 1.
The online applications will only be reviewed after all documents are received.
Please ensure to upload clear and readable attachments to avoid any delay in reviewing your application.
You are required to submit the following documents:
• A recent passport size photo
• Student’s Civil ID (Both sides)
• Student’s Birth Certificate
• Student’s Passport
• Father’s Civil ID (Both Sides)
• Father’s Passport (Non-Kuwaiti)
• Father’s Nationality (Kuwaiti only)
• Copy of Report Cards / Official Transcripts:
– For Pre-KG a report card is not required, For KG1, KG2 and Grade1 assessment records only if available.
– For grade 2 to 11, the end of year report card for the previous academic year and the most recent report card are required.
• A recommendation letter to be submitted only upon registrar’s request.
According to MOE rules, the father’s presence in person is a must during the registration process. In case the father is deceased, then the legal guardian needs to provide the father’s death certificate along with the guardianship certificate.
If divorced, the mother needs to submit the custody papers and a court order that identifies the educational custody carrier.
Parents of students who meet the AIS requirements, will be notified by email, and the student will be assigned an assessment date.
A non-refundable Application & Assessment fee of KD 65 must be paid prior to assessment date.
An Assessment is based on in person assessment/Map testing results, and on the previous year’s report card.
Assessments are conducted as follows:
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten: An interview to measure the maturity and fitness of children. They must be toilet-trained and able to speak and follow instructions.
Grade 1-11: An Electronic Academic Assessment called the Measurement of Academic Progress (MAP), to measure the student’s grade level equivalent in Reading and Math.
The Admissions Committee decides on admissions after careful evaluation of the student’s assessment results and previous school records.
Admissions may be granted, denied or the school may place the student on a waiting list.
Acceptance decisions, or updates on the status of your application, will normally be released within 2-3 weeks of the student’s assessment or after the review of all files of students applying to the same grade.
The parents of accepted students will be notified via phone call. Parents are required to register their child within 2 days. Failing to register will remove the student file, and a replacement will be taken from a waiting list.
A) A non-refundable deposit of KD 100 is to be paid to secure enrollment at AIS within two days of acceptance notification
B) The transferring documents from previous school must be submitted to AIS Registrar’s Office after receiving the AIS Acceptance call.
C) A student file should be completed before the first day of school, as it is a requirement stated by the Ministry of Education.
For students transferring from local schools:
• Original Final report card (from previous school)
• Original Transfer Certificate (from previous school)
• Financial Clearance Certificate (from previous school)
• Student Health File from Kuwait Ministry of Health (from previous School)
Note: The transfer documents must be submitted before end of May.
For students transferring from overseas schools:
• Immunization Certificate. In case of serious medical conditions, a full medical report should be provided
• If there is no Kuwait residency, as a temporary measure the school will accept a copy of the Entry Visa. The Ministry of Education requires a residency within eight weeks of entry date. Once the residency is done you must provide the school with copies of the Civil Id’s (Front and Back) so the student could be registered officially at the Ministry of Education.