AIS has strict policy in place to protect students and staff from harm and to ensure the safety of each member of our school community. Background checks are required and include police and international clearances from each country where an applicant has been employed, direct contact with prior supervisors, and other follow-up.
We prefer that you work through our partners in recruitment – please refer to Recruitment Fairs and Schedules. If you do not currently work with either of these recruitment services, review our current vacancies section. You may send a cover letter and resume detailing your interest in a posted position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The resume must include current telephone and email addresses for three referees including your most recent employer or supervisor.
If you meet the basic requirements of the job posting, you will receive a response.
• Native English Speaker
• Bachelor’s degree from North American accredited university/college
• Bachelor’s degree in elementary education degree for elementary teaching candidates
• Teaching certification and subject major in area for secondary teaching candidates
• Two Years of teaching experience preferred, but not required
• Two letters of recommendation requested from most recent employer
• Criminal Background Check required
• International Baccalaureate programme experience preferred, but not required (We happily train those without experience)
Yes. AIS recruits from all three groups and actively recruits families with school-age children.
On occasion, as needs demand, teachers of other nationalities are hired to our team, but preference is given to North American trained teachers.
No. It is not easy for a non-teaching spouse to gain employment in Kuwait. International teachers applying from within may be exempted from this practice.
Yes. You must have a clean bill of health. Work permits are not usually granted to those who have reached the age of sixty. Ministry of Education requirements must be met.
Representatives of AIS Kuwait attend many job fairs internationally.
Yes. We occasionally hire teachers via Skype and other methods (word of mouth, current teacher recommendations/referrals, etc). We do prefer to meet teachers directly.
Standard cover letter and resume that details education and outlines teaching experience.
All Degrees/ Diplomas
Teaching Certification/ License
Passport that is valid for at least two years from September of the year of hire.
Upon being hired at AIS, other documents will be required:
Birth certificates of children